1 medium-sized grayish-black whale of the northern Pacific [syn: gray whale, Eschrichtius gibbosus, Eschrichtius robustus]
2 bottom-living cephalopod having a soft oval body with eight long tentacles [syn: octopus]
3 extremely large pelagic tropical ray that feeds on plankton and small fishes; usually harmless but its size make it dangerous if harpooned [syn: manta, manta ray] [also: devilfishes (pl)]
Devilfish may refer to one of the following.
- Devilfish is the nickname of the poker player Dave Ulliott
- Devil fish is a species of Eagle ray. Devilfish is also a name applied to the manta ray (Manta birostris) and to an American species of octopus.
- USS Devilfish (SS/AGSS-292) , a Balao-class submarine.
- Gray whales were once called devil fish because of their fighting behavior when hunted.
- A set of modifications to the Roland TB-303 Bassline synthesizer, by Robin Whittle.
- The Devilfish is the name of the primary troop transport for the Tau Empire in the fictional universe of Warhammer 40,000.